Monday, February 7, 2011

It's been a while

Wow it has been ages since I have written. I think I stopped writing because things were tough for me and I really didn't have the energy to write about it. But I feel the urge to write again so here I am. So much has happened since I last wrote and we as a family have grown together and have adjusted to life as a family of 4.

So what have been the highlights........

I'm back at work employed as Self Advocacy support Officer at Self Advocacy Sydney. I provide training and individual support to adults with an intellectual disability so they can develop self advocacy skills. It's a challenging role but I like it.

My baby sister got married. What an amazing wedding it was. The boys and I were i the bridal party.





And the boys.....
.


Marcus is the biggest chatter box and I love it. He just turned 3 years old and his favourite saying is
" can I ask you a question?"and " but why" . Every morning when his dad wakes up he asks him how his sleep was and when he returns from work he asks him how his day was!

Marcus is confident, strong, emotional, articulate, funny, polite, hotheaded and loving. Everyone comments on what a character he is and I'm super proud of him.

Sebastian is now 5 and started school last week. He is charming, loving, stubburn, funny, kind and polite. He is talking much more and has key phrases he loves to say. "show me your muscles", "I want ...." " Press play" , "Come on Mum" ," good day", " well done", " go away" amongst others!

Sebastian had an emotional first week however this week he tells me that he likes school and that he had a good day. Apparently he loved the swimming lessons and reading with his teacher Miss Van Kolkin. The driver now picks him up and takes him to school and he doesn't mind not going to school with mum. I'm so happy that he is adjusting and I really feel that St Lucy's is a great school for Sebastian.


Sebastian in his school uniform

1 comment:

  1. Great post Sabrina!! This will help with my journaling on my scrap layouts.

    ReplyDelete