Wednesday, September 16, 2009

What I'm thankful for...

Sometimes life can get so busy and stressful that it's easy to get bogged down by all the things that are going wrong. At the present time, with Sebastian being sick again it's easy to feel down in the dumps.
What keeps me going? The idea that things will get better. We will get Sebastian's seizures under control for good. Sebastian and Marcus will grow up and not be so dependent on me every second of the day. Sebastian will learn to entertain himself and Marcus will not be a mini cyclone forever. It will get better!!!

I also tell myself that things can be worse. I'm reminded of this when we go to the children's hospital and I see other children struggling to overcome so much more.

We have two very different but dynamic and lovable children. We have family who do their best to support us through our hardships. When I think about it we have a lot to be thankful for. There is one more reason to smile.... Marcus is sleeping through the night after 18 months. Now that's something to be thankful for!!!!

1 comment:

  1. Things will get better Bella, You have to remind yourself that always never forget it.
    Life will always throw challenges at us and I believe they are always challenges to make us better and stronger people. Although at the time we really can't see or understand why.
    Keep up the great work you guys.
    You both are truly amazing.

    ReplyDelete